Pretty Boy Wonders
Everywhere you look these days there's a picture or mention of one Justin or another. Whether it's Beiber or Trudeau, the media seems mesmerized - seized with the cult of vapicity. Okay, maybe there's no such word, but I like it anyway. How else to describe either of these two public figures who have risen to fame on nothing more than their ability to open their mouths.
On the one hand we have a kid with little talent who loves to preen in front of the camera, slack-mouthed, hand on sunglasses or on his crotch, whichever fits the bill at the time. Dancing? Fuhgettaboutit! Singing? I've heard cats in an alley sound better. Whether it's singing or talking, whatever spills out of his mouth is just painful. Get a real life, JB, and, oh, keep your pants up. The sight of your underwear does nothing for me.
Brainpower
What's that you say - "I'm actually part Indian. I think Inuit or something? I'm enough per cent that in Canada I can get free gas." Yes, what a gas...that should increase your fan base exponentially downward. Aw, go, on Justin - if you don't know the meaning, get thee to a dictionary and look it up.
Mini-Me
On to Justin #2 - or the Second Coming. Gee, wasn't the first bad enough? Ever since Pere Trudeau entered the picture we've been inundated with crap about everybody's rights and freedoms, metric conversions, taxes on everything that moves, etc., etc. Here's a man who talks the big talk, but that's all it is. He claims to have policies, but never reveals what they are, preferring the "wait and see" approach, cloaked as "let the people decide". Yes, well if they decide to vote you in, what are you going to do then? Do you actually have a plan or is it just a series of foggy concepts that you hope will work? God help us if we go down this path again. The Liberals do have other choices in this game, but seem reluctant to actually listen to any other candidates because they're so enthralled by the prospect of another wunderkind. Well, you won't find it in Trudeau the Younger. - a competent orator with not much to say and a legacy best forgotten.
But the media keeps churning it out - because if it's Canadian and it's first name is Justin, it must be all right. Eh?
No, I'm not including pictures - enough is enough, already.
Well, I feel sorry for the two Justins. The younger J hasn't seemed to age since he was discovered in 2008. He's just turned nineteen and looks twelve. That's gotta hurt. Who wants to date a twelve-year-old? He's the type who'll be carded when he's forty.
ReplyDeleteAnd the political J will no doubt resuscitate the Liberal Party back to life and become a future prime minister of Canada. Too bad it has nothing to do with his skills or intelligence and everything to do with his father's ghost.