BEFORE SPEAKING, PLEASE ENGAGE BRAIN...IF YOU HAVE ONE

It's been a crazy week:.  The Boston Bombings, The decimation of an entire town in Texas, Saying good-bye to The Iron Lady.

As I write this, all of Boston is shut down, paralyzed once more as police scour neighbourhoods looking for the second perpetrator who caused this mayhem.  Boston needs our sympathy, our prayers and, most of all closure and retribution for the lives lost and those injured and maimed for life.

What we don't need is silly statements from Canadian politicians, specifically Justin Trudeau and his vacuous pronouncements on the state of things in a neighbouring country: worrying about and dwelling on the root causes that fuel acts of terrorism on innocent people.  I, for one, really don't care to speculate on why certain people commit crazy and unfathomable crimes against humanity; I just want them caught.  I don't care if they feel marginalized and excluded.  I just want them excluded from the rest of us and locked up for the rest of their miserable lives.  I will gladly leave all the psychiatric evaluations and search for root causes to the Behavioural Science specialists that every police force employs.  That's their job; it is not the job of the newly-minted Leader of the Opposition.  Sadder still, his statement was not his own, but, once again borrowed from a former politician - this time, Jean Chretien, who made a similar statement shortly after the 9/11 attacks.  Trudeau the Younger's statements are always full of accompanying drama - cameras flashing, hair tossing and the like, but what plays out on the high school drama stage, does not bode well for the world stage.  It's one thing to be on the opposite side of The House looking in, but when the rubber hits the road, when real life decisions have to be made and quickly, all the drama in the world won't help you.  When the reality of actually leading a country through economic and civil mire hits you full in the face, you'd better have more at the top of your head than great hair.

This is not the first of his peculiar babble-speak and it won't be the last.  I predict that before he's through, this man will eventually shoot himself in his yuppy-clad foot.

Frankly Speaking

But he's not the only Canadian who needs a history lesson.  Ir seems the Justin twins cannot be separated, with The Other Justin on the loose in The Netherlands - after visiting the Anne Frank Museum and writing a note in the guest book that if she were alive today, he hoped she'd be a "belieber" too.  Once again, it's all about him.

I don't know what's worse - the ignorance or the arrogance of this little twit, but he needs to go back to school for a history lesson and to etiquette school for a course in good manners.  Failing that, he should learn to keep his mouth shut, because there's one thing missing from his whole gaff-laden persona - and that's a brain.

It's a sad day for Canada when the camera zooms in on these two embarrassments.

No comments:

Post a Comment